Effective May 25, 2018
Who we are
Our website address is: https://highlightsfootball.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
HighlightsFootball collects as little personal data as possible in order to operate our basic services. Depending on your relationship with us the level of information we collect may differ. You always have a choice to provide as little information as possible and still continue to use our services.
Information you provide to us
- Account and profile information. We collect information about you when you register for an account, create or modify your profile, set preferences, sign-up for or make purchases through our services. For example, you provide your username, password, email and supported teams when you register for our services. This includes the information we collect when you register using Facebook social login. You also have the option of adding a profile photo, bio, location, gender and other details to your profile information to be displayed in our services. We keep track of your preferences when you select settings within our services. We may request your shipping address and phone number if you buy physical goods from our online store. Very rarely we may ask for proof of shipping address and identification in case you are winner one of the sweepstakes. This is to ensure there is no fraud and that the prize will arrive to correct address.
- Content you provide through our services. We collect and store content that you post, send, receive and share. This content includes any information about you that you may choose to include. Content also includes the files and links you upload to our services. Examples of content we collect and store include: text of comments and posts, images and embeds inside comments and posts, your predictions, votes and opinions in various polls found throughout our services. We collect content that you provide to us when you provide feedback or information you provide through our support channels where you may choose to submit information regarding a problem you are experiencing with our service. Whether you designate yourself as a technical contact, open a support ticket, speak to one of our representatives directly or otherwise engage with our support team, you will be asked to provide contact information, a summary of the problem you are experiencing, and any other documentation, screenshots or information that would be helpful in resolving the issue.
Third party sites, apps, platforms and embeds
Our sites and apps may include links to third-party sites, apps and social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Clicking on those links may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control third-party sites, apps and social media platforms and we encourage you to read their privacy notices so that you understand how they process information about you.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to this Site can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
We use WpForms which collects Name and Email which is stored in the website database so we can respond to their inquiry. Before sending the message they have to agree the GDPR agreement only then they can send us the message.
How we use information we collect
- When you create an account on HighlightsFootball, some information about your account and your account activity will be provided to other Users of the site. This may include the date you opened your account, the date you last logged into your account, your age (if you choose to make it public), the country and the posts you have made.
- We use your email address and a password to log you in and protect your account from unauthorized access.
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us through HighlightsFootball, we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the general and personalized features and functionality of the HighlightsFootball, and to process any flagging activity or correspondence you send to us.
- Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you upload videos, photos or send messages through HighlightsFootball and other Users can contact you through messages and comments. Any videos or photos that you submit to HighlightsFootball may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
- Any personal information, photos or video content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, within your profile pages, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others.
- We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major HighlightsFootball Site changes or for customer service purposes).
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous user usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, click data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of HighlightsFootball and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, analyzing, and processing user preferences and trends, as well as user activity and communications.
- We may record information about your usage, such as when you use HighlightsFootball, the contacts you communicate with, the videos you watch. If you are logged in, we may associate that information with your account. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. “Web Beacons”) in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients. Use use this information for research and development. For example we may use this information to learn about which content is more interesting to you so that we can provide better suited content for you.
Legal bases for processing (for EEA users). If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws. The legal bases depend on our services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where: We need it to provide you our services, including to operate our services, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of our services; It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote our services and to protect our legal rights and interests; You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation. If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party (e.g. your employer) have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using our services.
How do we share information that we collect
- Information you provide. Any information that you provide us during registration, profile creation and normal usage of our services such as posting comments and various different content will be available for public viewing. We never share your email, password, payment information or any personal documents that you may submit to us. All information that is shared publicly is always evident from the use of the platform. Please refer above to learn more about the data we collect and how it may be shared.
- Information we collect automatically. Any information that we collect automatically, such as IP addresses, browser version and various other usage statistics are only shared with third-parties after any personally identifiable information has been either removed or anonymized.
How long we retain your data
Highlightsfootball.com strictly protects the security of your personal information and honors your choices for its intended use. We carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. Information collected using Google Analytics is retained for a period of 14 months. After the end of the retention period, the data is deleted automatically. For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
How we store and secure information we collect
We use data hosting services located in Europe. For certain parts of the data, such as photos, we use US based hosting services. We do our best to protect your data from unauthorized access by following best practices and regularly reviewing our security setup. We employ the use of firewalls on our data servers. We retain your account information until you delete your account. Some of the information and content you provide will continue to stay with us even after you delete your account. For example your comments and posts may still stay active for others to view. We do not guarantee or warrant that security measures will prevent data breaches. We have procedures to deal with suspected data breaches. We will notify you and the relevant regulator of any data breach as legally required.
How do we use them?
- Where strictly necessary. These cookies and other technologies are essential in order to enable our Services to provide the feature you have requested, such as remembering you have logged in.
- For functionality. These cookies and similar technologies remember choices you make such as language or search parameters. We use these cookies to provide you with an experience more appropriate with your selections and to make your use of our Services more tailored.
- For performance and analytics. These cookies and similar technologies collect information on how users interact with our Services and enable us to improve how our Services operate. For example, we use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how visitors arrive at and browse our products and website to identify areas for improvement such as navigation, user experience, and marketing campaigns.
- Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies. These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests. They remember the websites you have visited and that information is shared with other parties such as advertising technology service providers and advertisers.
- Social media cookies. These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or“like” button on our websites or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social media site. The social network will record that you have done this. This information may be linked to targeting/advertising activities.
How can you opt-out?
To learn more about behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://optout.networkadvertising.org